COPYRIGHT TRANSFER AND AGREEMENT
Download here for JOTI's Copyright and Transfer Author Agreement
AUTHORS: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - DO NOT BE GUILTY OF FRAUD OR DUPLICATE SUBMISSION OR PUBLICATION – CONTACT THE EDITORIAL OFFICE BEFORE SIGNING IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!
- a. Each of the Author(s) hereby transfers, assigns and otherwise conveys to JOTI Editorial,. all right, title and interest in the Work (excluding videos), including but not limited to any and all copyright(s) therein held by each undersigned Author, together with any rights of each such Author to secure renewals, reissues and extensions of such copyright that may be secured under the laws now or hereafter in force and effect in the Indonesia or in any other country, and any and all rights to bring any court or other action to obtain damages, or injunctive or other relief, in connection with any past, present or future infringement of such copyright(s) or other claim in connection therewith.
- NOTE: If the article is accepted, the Author(s) shall have the right to elect to have it published according to the open-access model, which provides the public with free unrestricted online access to the article on the corresponding journal’s web site immediately upon publication. If the Author(s) choose the open-access option and pay the applicable article processing charge, the Author(s) will retain the copyright to the article by signing, and uploading to the manuscript submission system, the Open Access License Agreement (the “Open Access License”). The Open Access License grants JOTI Editorial. and its publishing partner the exclusive license to publish the article and to identify themselves as the original publisher. The Open Access License supersedes and replaces Section 1.a of this Agreement and the article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons license designated in the Open Access License.
- Each of the Author(s) hereby also grants permission to JOTI Editorial to use such Author’s name and likeness in connection with any past, present or future promotional activity by JOTI., including, but not limited to, promotions for upcoming issues or publications, circulation solicitations, advertising or other publications in connection with JOTI Editorial.
- Each of the Author(s) hereby warrants, represents and covenants that (i) each of the Author(s) has read and approved the final manuscript or version of the Work; (ii) the Work is original; (iii) the Author(s) are the sole owners of all rights of any kind in the Work; (iv) the Work has not been previously published and is not under consideration for publication by any person or entity, including electronic publishers, other than JOTI, and that the Author(s) have not previously transferred, assigned or conveyed, or agreed to transfer, assign or convey, any rights in connection with the Work to any person or entity other than JOTI; (v) the Work is not libelous, and the publication of the Work will not infringe upon or misappropriate any copyright, right to privacy, trade secret, proprietary or any other right of any person or other entity; and (vi) any and all necessary approvals, consents, waivers or permissions from third parties in connection with the Work and its publication have been obtained, and that the Author(s) will deliver copies of the same to JOTI. upon its request. Upon the request of the Editor-in-Chief of JOTI, the author(s) will provide to JOTI., in a timely fashion, any or all of the data, facts and information included in or forming the basis for the Work (the “Data”); JOTI. shall have the right to use (and to permit others to use) the Data in reviewing and/or editing the Work and for any other purpose other than the creation or publication of any other work based exclusively on the Data.
- To enable Author(s) to comply with the requirements of outside funding bodies, JOTI. will deposit, into the PubMed Central (PMC) Archive, the final published version of any article identified as requiring such deposit below. PMC will make these articles freely available after an embargo period of 12 months, 6 months (Wellcome Trust only), or immediately upon publication (if the Author(s) choose the open-access option).
Please disclose below if you have received funding for research on which your article is based from any of the following organizations. JOTI. will not be held responsible for retroactive deposits to PMC if the Author(s) do not identify the funding agency below.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Wellcome Trust
Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Research Councils UK (RCUK)
Other funding body requiring deposit in repository offering free access after embargo (please list):
- Each of the Author(s) hereby releases and shall indemnify and hold harmless JOTI. and its successors, assigns, licensees, officers, directors, employees, and their respective heirs and representatives from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages and expenses arising out of any claims of any kind that may be asserted against any of them based in whole or in part on any breach of the Author(s)’ representations or warranties herein or in the Work or anything contained in the Work, including but not limited to any claims for copyright infringement or violation of any rights of privacy or publicity.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall constitute any promise by or obligation of JOTI. to publish the Work, or any portions thereof, at any time in any publication. However, if at any time JOTI. finally elects not to publish the Work, JOTI. shall reconvey to the Author(s), without any representation, warranty or recourse, all of JOTI.’s rights in the Work under Section 1 hereof at the time of such reconveyance and shall notify the Author(s) of such election and reconveyance; the provisions of section 3 hereof shall survive such reconveyance, and in no event shall JOTI. have any obligation to return to any Author the manuscript or any other copy(ies) or embodiment(s) of the Work or the Data delivered to JOTI. by the Author(s) or made by JOTI.
- This Copyright Transfer and Author Agreement shall be governed by Indonesian law. In the unlikely event that the parties hereto are unable amicably to resolve any dispute arising under or in connection with this Agreement, such dispute shall be adjudicated in an appropriate court in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Upload and completed form to the online submission site or email a scanned copy to
NOTE: Handwritten, DocuSigned, digitally verified Adobe, or similar signatures only. Digital signatures must display certification if printed. No other form of electronic or stamped signature is acceptable.
Authors are permitted to sign separate forms as long as each form is completed in its entirety.